Strain photo contestHelp us build the Green Deck!
It’s time to start the strain picture competition! The Green deck in the game consists of tens of different strains, and we want YOUR pictures to adorn the cards in question!
All selected pictures are rewarded with a free copy of the game and a credit on the card and in the rulebook!
Help us gather a small encyclopedia of the most beautiful strains in the world for our game!
How to submit
There are several ways to enter the competition:
1. Upload a beautiful cannabis picture on Instagram and hashtag it with #smokecitycontest.
2. Join our 420magazine forum contest thread and enter your image there.
3. Send your picture via email to [email protected]
If your picture is chosen, we will message you asking for your contact details and full size uncompressed images. (We will do this with the utmost discretion – your personal details will NEVER be revealed to anyone. Our website, servers and mailboxes are highly secured and our company is located in Finland.)
Submission must be a good picture of a flowering cannabis plant. If your picture is chosen, we are going to ask for the full resolution image, preferably over 1000x1000pixels.
We’re mostly interested in live plants. Most well dried and cured buds look very much the same – there’s a lot more variation to pictures of growing plants. You can submit anything – if you have something special and artistic, try it. We will consider everything.
Multiple selected submissions get multiple prizes! This means if you submit three pictures of different strains and all are chosen, you get three free games!
You must have taken the picture yourself, or otherwise must have all the rights to the pictures submitted – we are going to put the chosen pictures on the printed cards and want no legal hassles!
We reserve the right to modify, reprint and distribute any of the images chosen as winners. You retain the copyright to your picture, but all rights to the usage of the picture are transferred to Connor Intergalactic. You are not entitled to royalties or compensation other than the prizes in the competition.
- Try to get natural lighting in the picture. If you’re under a HPS (orange) or LED (purple) lamp, the white balance in the pictures will be all wrong. You will get the best color dynamics if you turn off your grow lights and open up the curtains.
- Try to get close enough to the plants to get a good view of the bud. We want to show the diversity and differences in strains. We’re not interested in crazy macro-shots of trichomes or faraway telephotos of the weird bush in your neighbor’s yard. See the example.
- You can submit a picture of any cannabis strain, but the ones on the classic strain list below are a bit more likely to be chosen for the game.
Deadline for submissions is on 4th of April!
The winners will be announced on the 6th of April and the game’s preorders start on the 20th of April on Indiegogo! The game’s production starts after the 30-day campaign and games start to ship in August / September! The winners will get their games when the games start to ship!
Your photographs help us showcase the diversity of this beautiful plant. Thank you for lending a hand in the fight against prohibition. We’re in times of great change. Thank you for helping us do our part!
Extra points awarded for the following classic strains:
- White Widow
- Northern Lights
- Og Kush
- Super Silver Haze
- Durban Poison
- Amnesia Haze
- Big Bud
- Pineapple Express
- NYC Diesel
- Jack Herer
- Train Wreck
- Sour Diesel
- Skunk #1
- Purple Haze
- Hindu Kush
- Maui Waui
- Kali Mist
- Acapulco Gold
- Nevilles Haze